Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello running-gurus!

I had a pair of Nike AirPerseus 3 and were very happy with them, but after 1200 km (about 750 miles) the heel is broken. I'm looking for a new pair of shoes, would you recommend something for me?
I run mostly on gravel roads, but I prefer road-shoe, because it feels better. I had a pair of NB trial-running shoes, but they felt too hard and uncomfortable.
What about Asics 2130? What is the name of Nike Airperseus 3 successor?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi :)

Asics 2130s ae good shoes, and very durable, but after 750 miles you will need to replace them anyway. Any shoe tends to get a bit worn after about 500 miles, 750 is definitely pushing it :p

·
Registered
272 Posts
Replacement for Nike Air Perseus 3 would be the Nike Span Triax. If you are looking at the Asics equivalent, it would probably be the 1130. Designed to do a fairly similar job to the Nike shoe, but it will fit and feel different so try both (and others) before you buy

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Span is the nearest equivalent. The ASICS 2130 look good too. You can do a comparison here and find out about different options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bought Supernova Cushion 6

Hello!

I found out that I'm supinator instead (my shoes start to wear from outer edge) and I have run in wrong shoes, but I guess because of light weight (189cm / 75kg) I have had no major problems.
I tried varios shoes (including Nike AirPegasus 2007+ and Asics Gel Nimbus 9) and the Adidas Supernova Cushion 6 felt most comfortable, even better than the praised Nimbus. The price was good also, because it's a bit older model.

Have anyone had experience with these shoes? Hope they'll last long and give me a lot of trouble free kilometers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts