Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been reading about an interesting device called the Reebok Cram.

It's a wristband you wear with an ID code. If you have an accident when e.g. running, the finder can ring a call center who can identify you from the code.

Although aimed at runners, it can also be used for kids, people who you fear might wonder off etc.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, its got me thinking if I should have one as I usually run or walk alone and it can be fairly quiet along my usual route. I dont take risks though, I always take my mobile with me and let me my OH know where I'm going and roughly for how long.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have a SOS Talisman sports band it is also waterproof so can wear it for swimming

·
Registered
378 Posts
My mother (!) very kindly made me a small tag to put on my key with my name and home phone number.
Apparently it's just in case I get hit by a bus, they won't have to put my picture in the paper to identify me. She worries too much really. Bless.

Sounds like a good idea though. Might get one.
The wristband that is.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
IK heard about this ICE thing a while ago, bit dubious about it though. I certainly wouldn't want some kind spirited citizen phoning Mrs Squint to tell her some bad news. I'd rather the Police deal with that.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I see where you are coming from. The only problem is the police have to identify you first and you might be unconcious.

I think most people would call 999. The bracelet is more for the emergency services

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had to guess I'd say the bracelet would contain more than just a contact number (which might be engaged), it might contain information about conditions you have that paramedics might need to know about, such as asthma and stuff.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I see where you are coming from. The only problem is the police have to identify you first and you might be unconcious.

I think most people would call 999. The bracelet is more for the emergency services
I nearly always have my mobile on me, easily traced through that. Those with medical conditions usually have some sort of clue about their ailments about their person.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
If I had to guess I'd say the bracelet would contain more than just a contact number (which might be engaged), it might contain information about conditions you have that paramedics might need to know about, such as asthma and stuff.
I read an article once where a medic was explaining that they do not always have time to work out how to contact these services and just concentrate on the moment.

I nearly always have my mobile on me, easily traced through that. Those with medical conditions usually have some sort of clue about their ailments about their person.
If you already carry stuff that helps identify you this is not a product you need. I often go out with the clothes I am in and a door key, so my name and a phone number are good things to have.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I have ordered it from Custom 100% Silicone Bracelets and Wristbands - Reminderband®

Reason being they could offer the coloured text. The first one I have ordered was from pledgetag but came with pledgetag stamped on it (they did not tell me that would be the case) and the single colour means you don't notice the wording.

I have not received the new one yet, so we shall see.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I found this site (I have no connections to it whatsoever:d)

ID will NOT improve time, endurance, jump height, shin splints or haemorrhoids

Product does look pretty good,however

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
You are wearing out the blusher :)

I saw that one, looks smart. The only problem I could see is the contact number is in America as it is an American company.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts