Runners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:) Just started my run/walk programme of approximately three miles duration. I really enjoyed it but was very aware that my breathing was rather erratic. I felt the need to control my breathing and started off with a controlled breathing in through the nose and out through my mouth. However, very soon I felt extremely short of breath and a strong need to breath in and out of my mouth much more quickly and more shallow. How would people best advise me to regulate my breathing? the rest of my body was coping fine but I was definitely breathing on the heavy side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Slow down - you are probably running too fast. Try to imagine you are having a conversation with someone - this is actually much easier if you run with a partner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Them boots are affecting my breathing........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Don't you mean they are affecting your breathing Dave?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,437 Posts
Be careful of Dave PS, he tried running in a pair like that before and apparently it does not help the breathing !! .................... :p :d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Granty said:
Be careful of Dave PS, he tried running in a pair like that before and apparently it does not help the breathing !! .................... :p :d
Cheers for that Granty............................:mad:

It`s always good to have your support..............:d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
Steve said:
Are you sure it's Dave though? I see no ale!:d
Slimline me in the Essex PB 5mile yesterday.

The ale came later..............after the great escape...Starring Carlos Tevez...:d

http://www.myeventphoto.co.uk/event/5455/index.html Halfway gallery. image 0233

Top Snapper,he makes it look like I`m running.........................:d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,654 Posts
Dave said:
Slimline me in the Essex PB 5mile yesterday.

The ale came later..............after the great escape...Starring Carlos Tevez...:d

http://www.myeventphoto.co.uk/event/5455/index.html Halfway gallery. image 0233

Top Snapper,he makes it look like I`m running.........................:d
7 wins in 9...Title Form That!!
Still expect to be visiting the likes of Norwich next year though.....ale glass always half empty for me!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
No worries, Colin W***** (Anagram of Neil Warnock) and his Sheffield Utd mates are wasting their time and money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,640 Posts
Dave said:
Slimline me in the Essex PB 5mile yesterday.

The ale came later..............after the great escape...Starring Carlos Tevez...:d

http://www.myeventphoto.co.uk/event/5455/index.html Halfway gallery. image 0233

Top Snapper,he makes it look like I`m running.........................:d
You look like you are going great guns Dave, excellent picture, by the way you look nothing like the guy I saw at Brentwood half, your much better looking ;) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,495 Posts
The camera never lies.............( I wish )............:d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,654 Posts
Dave said:
No worries, Colin W***** (Anagram of Neil Warnock) and his Sheffield Utd mates are wasting their time and money.
I do hope so!
Will Tevez stay in any event? Doubt it.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top