Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The club is taking part ina relay race this Sunday. Teams of 5 all doing 5k each..1 lady min per team and a lady must run the first leg.

As it happens the fastest 4 guys in the club are running so the question is...after our lady in what order should the guys run?:confused:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and forgot to add..in the words, almost, of Anne Robinson..."I am the weakest (male) link"

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
In a sprint relay the fastest runner tends to go third and runs the longest leg by taking the baton ealry and passing it on late thereby running a slightly longer distance than the others but over a race of that sort of distance Steve I really don't think it would much difference. The only thing might be personal preference.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.........race minus 3 hours!!

Our top guy...16'30" 5k man...has got to run 2nd leg so he can get away asap....I reckon I'll need to do the 3rd leg...a lot slower... so I can then do the 5th leg for one of our "B" race teams.

Weather's looking good..not too warm

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my team finished 6th out of 37 I think...need to check on that when official results come through...so one place up from last year.

I did 19:35..a pb by 3 secs so can't complain....

..was over 3 mins slower than our no.1 chappie though!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Katten..our lead lady won the Vet 55 prize in 22:12, I think, and also our vet lady in the "B" race won first prize too.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just to clarify...I wasn't 6th...the team was!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers.......still waiting to see the results on the organisers' website...want to see how much quicker we were than last year...I know I was 75secs quicker...

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Great news Steve Pats on the back all round :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
cheeky :embarrassed:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts