Runners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a gait analysis etc. done by a recommended independent running shop a few years ago. The top shoe at the time came out as a Brooks Ravenna 8, so I got a pair. I quickly realised that they were end of line, so I bought another pair at a bargain price.

I've pretty much worn both pairs out, they both have smooth soles towards the front for about 30% of the sole.

When I got them I will be honest that I suffered a bit with pains in my legs - similar to shin splints but not quite. I put this down to settling into them, and the running shop said to take it easy for a while and see how they went. Previous to this I had just run in whatever Asics were on sale for £20-£30.

After a while they did settle in and have been fine since, but I don't want a drastic change again. I've seen that I can get newer Ravenna 11s but I don't know if they will be the same.

I also don't know if I'd be better off looking for something else instead. I was told that the Asics GT-1000 were a good alternative to the Brooks Ravenna and offered similar in terms of support. I've found a pair of Asics GT-1000 9 for £56 delivered online which seems OK.

Anything else worth looking at, or any advice that might help?

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To add more detail...

I believe I was told that I overpronate, which is why the Brooks Ravenna 8 were recommended.

Looking at the soles of my worn out ones, I have medial wear at the fronts, but they don't really show medial wear at the rear. At the rear there is some wear (not as much as the fronts) but it looks more neutral.

The Ravenna 8 descriptions that I can find, say they are for moderate overpronators.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding it correctly though, should the wearing of shoes that are for overpronators correct the wear to being neutral wear? Or would you still have medial wear but your foot would be supported correctly?

What I'm trying to figure out is if I need something that corrects overpronation further than the Ravenna 8 did.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts