Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem was that every time I had a run I had a pain in my hip that lasted for a few days and appeared to be the bone area itself.

went to physio today and explained my problem . First he checked out my leg length to see if one was bigger than the ther then he rotated my legs in various ways but it didnt appear to hurt in any way. It was only when he started massaging the tissue sort of behind my hip that it really started to hurt!! he seemed to think it was that area ther and a problem with a really tight glute muscle on that side. So the treatment was a really painful massage bit, then a machine that was like slendertone pads all over my bottom and thigh are. That was all right but when he put it on a diff frequency I didnt like it! Then he did some ultrasound on the area.

he has shown me a glute stretch to do as often as I can and also recommended icing the area with some peas (sure other veg will do though!!!) for 10 minutes at a time.

Am going next week but cant afford any more than that so hopefully will be better after that! But the good news was that he thought there was not a problem with me continuing to run and should be able to cure it!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well that sounds promising, just don't do too much while the injury is healing and I'm sure you'll be fine :)

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I'm suffer with a similar problem on my left side - stretching really helps next time you go get the physio to show you some strengthening exercises.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts