Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Generally- just don't take them!

Recovery days, are brilliant though, not too much running, and no need to worry about the pace.

If I'm taking a proper rest day I may do some walking or just lounge around all day :) maybe do some technical drills

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If you have a day off a week thats 48 days a year!!!
Think of how much more training you could have done! Even if you do any easy 4 miles then that's an extra 192 miles for the year!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My maths is awful!
52 weeks a year. 4 mile easy run = 208 miles lost.
I always think that the easiest way is to just do a light run on your recovery day.
If you are fit it will benefit you rather than hurt. The only time I ever take time off is if I am injured or really ill.
I am NORMAL!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would explain your race pbs Steepler...which aren't normal!

Even in my younger days...not that I ran then....I didn't do something everyday and now as a VET40 my body certainly won't allow it! Still my rest days tend to involve long walks, swimmimg or digging so it's a rare day that I do nowt!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Steepler,you should be pushing yourself much harder.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I agree with Dave so I retract my earlier comment. Steepler....get out there and do some serious training you lazy wotsit!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Love it! That's the funniest thing I've read for weeks!
Off to Berlin tomorrow to run the marathon on Sunday. Looking to get a reasonable time.
Tapering this week so rariing to go!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Good luck Steepler.Looks like it`s going to be a warm one in Berlin on sunday.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Terrible race!
It was 27c and the start was choas. I started to feel very hot at 16k so dropped out at the halfway point. Not happy, but these things happen!
Will use the fitness to run xc and road races this fall/winter.
I live to fight another day!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry to hear that Steepler...I know the feeling well!
Best thing I ever did was drop out of the Bury St Edmunds 20m 4 weeks before the FLM...if I hadn't I wouldn't have done my marathon pb...which isn't very good but still remains my best yet.

Keep on running!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts