Runners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Much better this time.

I ran for a whole 15 minutes with no problems (touch wood). My schedule today was:

Treadmill walk program - 30 minutes

Running - 15 minutes (5 @ 5mph, 10 @ 6.2mph)

Elyptical Trainer - 10 minutes (1 min slow, 1min fast)

Rower - 10 minutes

What was apparent is how the break from running has damaged my fragile fitness level. It is my intention to build on all these diciplines and keep my exercise more varied. Once I am happy with my ankle I then want to build a long run in at the weekend, but still mix this with cycling to lower the mileage.

When I get to my target weight, then I can review the schedule and up the mileage, building up stamina and speed. Racing can wait for the moment.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't,

Mrs Hrun has had Foz on his lead on the treadmill trying to get him to run :( But you know rabbits, he will go any way other than the direction he wants to :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Don't,

Mrs Hrun has had Foz on his lead on the treadmill trying to get him to run :( But you know rabbits, he will go any way other than the direction he wants to :)
You've got rabbits? cute! I would love one but I dont think the landlord would be too happy!

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got Foz when we were living in a Flat Liz, and when we moved down south the letting agents on the whole didnt have a problem as they are not a pet. Meaning they class them as a quiet caged animal like a gerbil or fish. When they say no pets they mean dogs that bark or cats that poop in the neighbours flowers. Try asking?

There are pics knocking around of mine and littlered's rabbits

·
Registered
693 Posts
Nah I dont think it would be a good idea to have any kind of pet in our flat, we're away alot and work long hours sometimes so it wouldnt be fair. I can still dream though as I really would like a cat too one day, I miss the days at my parents when the cat would wake me up in the morning with a paw in the face!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Hrun for the ulimate workout and motivation rig the equipment through a dynamo to power the telly so you have to run/row/stride to switch it on.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hrun for the ulimate workout and motivation rig the equipment through a dynamo to power the telly so you have to run/row/stride to switch it on.
Genius :d Wouldn't get to watch much telly though :(

Good luck with starting again.:) And hope your ankle is better
Cheers. It is fine day to day, just exercise which is causing probs. Hopefully all the rest is sorting it

·
Registered
635 Posts
I dont know if I'm imaging it, but my ankle feels a bit better after all the stretching I have been doing the day:confused:A good day all round for ankles I'd say:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
good news Hrun :d:d:d

1 - 18 of 18 Posts