Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all should i be running every night or should i rest in between?
just i dont want to over train
what is best?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Some say run as much as you can...most say rest days are important..especially if you are new to the sport.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
I am coming to the conclusion only you can know what is best. Run when you want to run, rest when you need to.

I have run 30k in 3 days because I wanted to. Tonight I will have a rest because I am driving home, but if I felt like it I would run again.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I think rest days are important. I pushed myself last night and now I'm aching all over today. I know theres no way I can managed a jog tonight so I'll be making a date with the sofa and a good book!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
You'll learn what you can get away with... typically speaking the more you train, the fitter you'll get, but there's a risk of injury that comes with it... if you end up injured you'll become incredibly frustrated, so it's probably much better to stop it happening in the first place by resting when your body needs to.

Two rest days a week should be enough, some have more, some have less (some have none!)... just try to make sure you follow a HARD workout with an easier one the following day.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I am coming to the conclusion only you can know what is best. Run when you want to run, rest when you need to.

I have run 30k in 3 days because I wanted to. Tonight I will have a rest because I am driving home, but if I felt like it I would run again.
Indeed Hrun..it is a case of each to ones own. What is ok for one isn't necessarily good for another.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I train every day Mon to Sat. Five miles every day Mon to Fri, then between 12 and 15 miles on a saturday morning Sunday is my Eat whatever I like and no running Day. But its what ever your comfortable with. Everyday Mon to Fri is against the clock. Saturdays is just about distance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need at least one days rest even at elite level, so you will need at least one day, more possibly two depending on your training status.

Lack of rest =

- Increased risk of injury
- Overtraining syndrome
- Reduced performance

None of us want the above, quality rather than quantity :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You need at least one days rest even at elite level, so you will need at least one day, more possibly two depending on your training status.

Lack of rest =

- Increased risk of injury
- Overtraining syndrome
- Reduced performance

None of us want the above, quality rather than quantity :)
That just about covers it.:d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts