Runners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I didn't become re inspired by Brendan Foster. Bless him he'd bore for Britain. However, I did get re inspired by my Son's Girlfriend, who did one of the slowest times in last weekend's London. She took 8 hours to do it but from ground to head she was about 14 feet tall so she had a reasonable right to go slow. Yep she was the lass who did it on stilts.

So a former leisure runner who got utterly bored by the what's your pb for this that and the other damn distance is back for another go. Lots of weight to loose. I even answered the PB questions in the profile page without getting too narked. I love running for ME. I would like people's help and advice with getting going again. But if anybody starts getting anorakish with me I'll ignore them.

No I'm not grumpy, I just don't like herds or nerds

If you like fun, then I'm here to stay and have fun

J

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hello :)

Me not fast at all, but as long as I enjoy my runs that is what matters to me. I gave up running last year for a while as I didn't seem to be improving my times. But now I'm taking a different view and doing longer distances without really concentrating on times, my aim is to get from A to B.:) (in one piece;) )

·
Registered
835 Posts
<quickly tidys hall in order to hide all incriminating evidence in order to welcome new guest>

Hi Brumbear, welcome to RF. I'm sure you'll find us a pretty friendly bunch around here. You'll not find many anoraks round, just the odd rainproof jacket.

Anyway, with regards to your pb's, now that you're a vet, you can disregard them from years gone by and start all over again.

You'll find lots of useful advice for the running and also plenty of tips for the weight loss, but for now as long as you enjoy the running the excess weight will struggle to keep up with you and soon get bored.

Have a seat while I get you a drink!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Trinity said:
oi scr8pe....I wish you wouldn't tidy up so much... where did you put my garmin?
I found it thrown in the dirty knicker basket. I've put it back in the pocket of you're anorak. (opps):embarrassed:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.