Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I used to run for several years previously, in my mid to late 20's. I didn't really ever follow a training 'plan' per se, but rather just ran as fast as i could, varying only really the distance each time. I did pick up some injuries this way to be honest.

I would like to commit 4-5 days a week to some sort of workouts, but not really sure what a week should comprise of, how fast i should go and when, what types of weight training / cross training i should do, etc - and i would appreciate some guidance on that really if anyone would be so kind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have you any goals?

How about something like the 13 week couch to 10k for starters?

I returned to running in March after fracturing by pelvis in three places in a crash in September 2019.

Started with a slightly accelerated version of that plan and am now doing the 17 week intermediate plan for London Marathon set for October.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Dave.

I think you should just go with the flow at first and just focus on enjoying it. Start off with a 5k route but accept you that may need to walk part of it. I’m sure once you have a dozen runs under your belt you’ll get a feel for what distance offers an achievable challenge from which you can build upon.

I’ve always ran throughout spring/summer but I can often take 4/5 months off over autumn/winter. My first run in March can be whilst carrying an extra stone in weight!! It never ceases to amaze me though how each year I can struggle with 3 or 4 miles to begin with, but 2-3 weeks later my body seems to remember how to muster up a slow but steady 5-6 mile run no matter how tubby I’ve become.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts