Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know whether this is a good idea or not, or even something that RF can do, but I thought that as a lot of us probably get sponsored every now and again for various races/events it might be a good idea to set up a nominated RF charity.

What do you think?

·
Registered
334 Posts
There is soooooooooooo many to pick and i'm sure everyone has one dear to their heart. Mine would be Cancer Research (I lost my mum to breast cancer just two years ago)but I would think it would be difficult to pick just one that everyone agreed on.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i wonder if you could set RF up as a charitable cause which distributes its income to charities nominated by its members... say each member could nominate one and funds would get distributed in proportion.

sounds like a right ballache to me tho ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Or just have a vote for a charity to be supported for a year to save too much "ballache".

Just a thought, from Billy Whizz ..... Whizz Kidz?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
exactly what I was thinking Steve, put names in to a hat each year and pull out a charity...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
you'd need a means of working out how much you'd raised as a forum over the year.. just for the record :)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ed_m said:
you'd need a means of working out how much you'd raised as a forum over the year.. just for the record :)
Indeed you would. Proper records would need to be maintained.

Didn't say I thought it would be easy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Give charities equal support

I'm biased as I'm a runner and work for a charity (Computer Aid International). Even though in an ideal world I would want everyone to support my charity because it's dear to me, this isn't practical and I don't think having a dedicated nominated charity would be very fair on all of the great causes out there who would miss out.

There are massive UK charities, medical charities, obscure little local ones and ones (like mine) who work almost entirely overseas. My argument is that each one does as important a job as the other and is no less deserving of support.

Now for the sales pitch:cool: : if you wanted to run some brilliant courses and also to support a truly unique charity which does some seriously good work at reducing poverty in the developing world, get in touch with me and I will do everything I can to support you.

Any questions, PM me!

Carl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts