Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan,

An idea for the future and a lot of organisation/planning involved but as there are so many members now how about a running/training weekend sometime?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'd be up for it but being in the west of Scotland means its unlikely to be close enough for me to travel to.

That is unless you fancy running in the beautiful landscape of Argyll and base it here!

Dave

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sounds a lovely idea but am I the only person on this forum from across the water.....?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Probably a lot of thought, planning and organisation needed, but sounds like it might be fun. I'd be up for something, and wouldn't even mind a bit of travelling,but I guess everybody will have different circumstatnces. Worth pursuing as an idea I think. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've always liked the idea of a training weekend as you see lots advertised but they're not much fun if you're on your own. I would definitely be interested.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've not been on one but as an idea ...

Arrive Fri pm. 5k jog before dinner.
Sat am. Pre breakfast 5 miler.
Sat pre lunch. Some kind of seminar.
Sat pm. "Sports day"...fun running events
Sun am. Long run.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are plenty of variations for a training weekend to consider and obviously all abilities would need to be catered for.

Any other ideas anyone?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Blimey, I might manage Fri and Sat morning but then I think the rest of it might be recovering in the Pub.

Might have to up the mileage.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Lol I was thinking the same as you Granty - I've often fancied running the Highlands. I hope you'd cater for people of different abilities.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I see a situation where on the Sunday the forum will need to split into 2 parts, the slightly fitter ones among us will continue with the weekend as suggested, the other half being led an alternative liquid (and maybe a pasty) recovery session (I am happy to lead this session on the Sunday :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steady Edwina I hope you'd cater for people of different abilities.[/QUOTE said:
That would be my idea...after all it is supposed to be a fun, enjoyable weekend too. Hence my "sports day" idea.

Runs could be led by runners doing different speeds so different abilities could run together with nobody getting tailed off and left to run alone.

I would envisage an ale or two being drunk!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Steve said:
I would envisage an ale or two being drunk!

I would bloody hope so !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I`d never be able to carry it all Steve.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts