Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I've just been reading my latest Fellrunner magazine, which I've had for quite a while before getting round to reading, so apologies for the very late report.

I am sad to say it included the obituary of Gordon Booth, known to us on this forum as "Running Fox". Gordon was a regular contributor on this site when it was still a busy forum, so I am posting this for those of you who have been around on the forum for a while who I am sure will remember him well.

Gordon didn't start running until his forties but he managed some amazing achievements, including a 2:53 marathon at London in 1995 which won him the V60 age category.

Gordon continued to run on his local fells well into his 80s. I kind of thought he would live forever. Having searched on his username it looks like his last post here was in December 2019 where he responded to a thread asking if running makes you live longer with the comment "Dunno, I'm only 87".

He was 89 when he passed away earlier this year. RIP Running Fox.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

I don't think I've logged in here for years. Came across a note of a saved password and thought I'd see if the site still existed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts