Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has heard of these, my husband saw them and told me about them.

I think they'd be more use to cyclists than runners due it possibly being a little more likely of being involved in an accident (due to being on the road instead of the pavement). Correct me if I am wrong.

I think they are a good idea, if you have a 'funny turn' when you are out at least someone can be contacted.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

What do you think?

The Minx

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
littleminxie said:
I don't know if anyone has heard of these, my husband saw them and told me about them.

I think they'd be more use to cyclists than runners due it possibly being a little more likely of being involved in an accident (due to being on the road instead of the pavement). Correct me if I am wrong.

I think they are a good idea, if you have a 'funny turn' when you are out at least someone can be contacted.

http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx

What do you think?

The Minx
Hi Minxie.
This isn't a new idea. A few years ago the brother of Steve Cram collapsed (and died, I think) whilst out running and it was quite a while before he could be identified, leading to a delay in family being informed. As a result of this, Steve introduced "Cram Tags" for runners. I think that these were fastened to running shoes and contained the type of information that the Road ID thingies have.
Before that, in the 80's, there were "SOS" pendants. These were either gold or silver locket- type pendants which contained all relevant personal info on a fold-out piece of paper.
... Basically all good ideas, I think

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've heard of them before too but I think they are a great idea... not only for if you have a 'funny turn' but also if you get hit by a car. I think I may add it to my 'Birthday wish list' :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
yup. good idea for anyone going out on their own who may not be carrying the usual forms of ID.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good idea!

I could strap it to the cod piece on my new spandex "horn of plenty" running shorts I got off eBay.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
pedestrian said:
Richard, don't you think that anyone wearing the aforementioned garment would be MORE likely to be involved in a collision with traffic anyway? View attachment 217
I agree Mr p

I wonder if the company have done a risk assessment on those shorts .

You could have someones eye out in more ways than one!!!:eek:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Jason said:
Good idea!

I could strap it to the cod piece on my new spandex "horn of plenty" running shorts I got off eBay.

laughing very loudly :d

·
Registered
707 Posts
Teeheee....

I think they're a good idea... I got lost once in the abyss that is Deeside in Scotland once... I had my mobile with me but had to run a a bit before I could get any signal... ANYWAY... had I not been found by my parents, it mightn't of been that bad because I coulda probably walked back to Aberdeen, it was only 15 miles or so... ANYWAY, had something bad happened, that woulda been really helpful to the authorities involved.

I have my parents house number written on the inside of my watch just in case anyway.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
almost_no_specifics said:
Teeheee....

I think they're a good idea... I got lost once in the abyss that is Deeside in Scotland once... I had my mobile with me but had to run a a bit before I could get any signal... ANYWAY... had I not been found by my parents, it mightn't of been that bad because I coulda probably walked back to Aberdeen, it was only 15 miles or so... ANYWAY, had something bad happened, that woulda been really helpful to the authorities involved.

I have my parents house number written on the inside of my watch just in case anyway.
and do you have marmalade sandwiches too... :d

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nup... although my parents nicely took me a handful of almonds for when they eventually found me. Anyway... I'd prefer nutella sandwhiches. :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
That's only what I look like when I'm in the lab - whenever I come into contact with whatever it is I've spilled on my lab coat I turn into a fluffy, adorable teddy bear. My peers know me as either "nasty bear" or "nice bear".

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. You bears are all the same. Especially the quiet student ones. Going round being all rudey with your octopus, making out butter wouldn't melt and all that. We know the truth ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry.

Not only have I taken this completely off topic, I've now gone off on a tangent of the off topic.

Back to road ID bands. Top idea.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts