Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's that time of the year, and the time is fast approaching for the biggest event in most running clubs calandar! The National 12 stage Road Relay Championships to be held in Sutton Park near Birmingham.

Swansea Harriers warmed up with a guest invitation run at the midland road relay champpionships, giving experience to the local training squad as not all the team were available. The team came home in 4th overall, behind Notts, Bristol, Tipton with Belgrave and Coventry rounding out the top 6.

If you get a chance and want a fantastic day out get up or down to Sutton Park on the 26th April and bring your trainers so you can support your favourite team and see some of the best runners in the country compete for over 4 hours!

Any one in the area and want to come along?! I'll be watching this year and jogging around throughout the day.

·
Registered
272 Posts
National 12 stage is my favourite event of the whole year!! Sadly I've left Cardiff AC and my new club haven't qualified so won't be taking part...:(

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Sounds fantastic! Though sadly I'm racing on the 27th so I don't think it'd be a great idea to spend the day walking/jogging round the course, lol!

Have to be honest, I've not really heard much about this event before (being fairly new to club running) so wasn't even aware it was going on! I know my club is taking part in a road relay in May though, the Cotswolds Hily Hundred I believe?! Hoping I'll be picked to run in the first team as they won it last year! :d

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
team-lewis.co.uk said:
If you get a chance and want a fantastic day out get up or down to Sutton Park on the 26th April and bring your trainers so you can support your favourite team and see some of the best runners in the country compete for over 4 hours!
Yeah, it's a great event both to take part in, and to watch... And if you get an early leg, you can compete and then spend the rest of the afternoon spectating. Not often you get to do that sort of thing at a race. Possibly the most interesting, and often exciting running event to be held in this country. The regional events are often quite good as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts