Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of doing this as my first marathon.

Has anyone entered? What is a 'runcard' that they talk about online? I am struggling to understand what to do.

Has anyone ran it before? If so do you think it is appropriate as a first marathin?

Really appreciate opinions.

E

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I'm thinking of doing it too, it looks a nice course and it's a lot cheaper than Paris. The runcard is some sort of document you need to run in a race legally there if you aren't a member of a club affiliated with the IAAF. I think if you need to arrange one you need to contact them to do so. You'd also need to get a medical cert from your doc saying you're ok to run.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'm thinking of doing it too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am thinking of doing it as well. I just emailed them to try to find out how to get a Runcard. Has anyone else had any luck in gathering more info?

·
Registered
841 Posts
One of my colleagues just asked me about this, and supplied me with this quote, presumably from the entry website:
"Runners from Italy and foreign countries, which are not member of an athletics federation and beginning from the age of 20, are obligated to are in possession of the RUNCARD and a medical certificate of sufficient fitness for competitive athletics issued by an authorized sports physician to participate to athletic sports competitions in Italy".
Has anyone found out yet what this is and what is entailed? Thanks.

edit: well, at least I know what a RUNCARD is now - pay € and get membership for a year. I guess it's up to you what kind of doctor's letter to get.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Don't know if it's the same for the marathon but when we ran the Rome City Orienteering race a couple of year's ago they want a form worded like this
we had to email it to them beforehand then take a hard copy to collect our number. One of our club forgot the hard copy - they gave her her number but crossed it through and said she could run but wouldn't appear on the results!!

MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OF FITNESS FOR
COMPETITIVE * SPORTS
PLEASE USE BLOCK LETTERS ONLY
I, Doctor (name, surname) ________________________________________
with office at (complete address)
Mr./Mrs. (name/surname) ________________________________________
born (city, country) ______________________________________________
on (dd/mm/yyyy) ___________________ and resident at (complete address)
This certificate is valid one year from this date.
Date ____________ Doctor’s signature and stamp ___________________
IN THE LACK OF THIS CERTIFICATE THE ATHLETE WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE RACES.
Complete and return by email to: [email protected] within Saturday 26th Oct.
Deliver the original certificate duly signed and stamped to the event center between 12.00 and 15.00 on
Friday 1st Nov.
The medical examinations required (ex D.M. 18 febbraio 1982) to obtain a medical certificate of fitness for
competitive sport program are:
1. Medical-sports check-up;
2. A regular urine test;
3. Electrocardiogram both at rest and exercise;
4. Spirometry (breathing test).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts