Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC NEWS | Wales | South West Wales | Welcome home for world runner, 61

Just saw this. I remember when she started the run, but forgot all about it. Seems she will complete it. Amazing woman. Hope she does complete, despite being on crutches with stress fractures. I don't know if anybody else has actually run around the world. 5 years isn't bad running 80+ miles a week, especially when you are in your 60s. All I can say is wow! What an inspiration.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
BBC NEWS | Wales | South West Wales | Welcome home for world runner, 61

Just saw this. I remember when she started the run, but forgot all about it. Seems she will complete it. Amazing woman. Hope she does complete, despite being on crutches with stress fractures. I don't know if anybody else has actually run around the world. 5 years isn't bad running 80+ miles a week, especially when you are in your 60s. All I can say is wow! What an inspiration.
I agree. Attacked by an Axeman in Siberia - and some of us complain about the odd jibe from yobbos! :lol:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I saw this on BBC Breakfast this morning. Amazing woman with zome amazing stories, too!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I saw the big article about it in Runners World - I think they sponsored her. It was amazing - she almost lost a toe in the Arctic (or was it antarctic!!) Anyway - she sounds so happy, I hope I am like her when I am her age!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I saw the interview on the Beeb, a truely selfless woman who can't really seem to see what all the fuss is about.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's pretty insane. I bet shes seen some sights.
@ Term, I imagine she will write a book, it'll be an amazing read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts