Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week on hols I ran up a volcano, around its rim and into its crater....needless to say it was an extinct volcano!:d

Have you run somewhere out of the ordinary?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Not quite as daring as a Volcano but did go for a run through a local forest which was a mission as it was really really muddy but excellent fun, trying to remain upright was quite a challenge, ha ha :p

Where was the volcano?

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
twinkle toes said:
Not quite as daring as a Volcano but did go for a run through a local forest which was a mission as it was really really muddy but excellent fun, trying to remain upright was quite a challenge, ha ha :p

Where was the volcano?
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. It wasn't very high, about 361m, but it was different!
It was nice to get some warm weather training in this time of the year!

Were you just out training in the forest or was it a race?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote. It wasn't very high, about 361m, but it was different!
It was nice to get some warm weather training in this time of the year!

Were you just out training in the forest or was it a race?
It was part of my training, thought I was going to have a problem finding the car afterwards as I had been running all over the place, all good fun :d

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was in Cuba over Christmas and ran there when I could but thought you might find this amusing - I went to the gym a couple of times and one day there was a woman on the treadmill running in a dress and trainers! You see some real sights in gyms on holiday. It's run of the the mill to see people using the weights in bikinis and beachwear

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Cheryl said:
I was in Cuba over Christmas and ran there when I could but thought you might find this amusing - I went to the gym a couple of times and one day there was a woman on the treadmill running in a dress and trainers! You see some real sights in gyms on holiday. It's run of the the mill to see people using the weights in bikinis and beachwear

Ha ha that made me laugh, just one question could you tell if her dress was climacool/moisture wicking? ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
kandahar airfield afghanistan from feb - jun 2006. 10k around the airfield every other day. a bizzare experience, but at over 1000m above sea level and in the baking heat, it was also valuable training

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not hugely unusual..... but the other week I went running across the fields close to home and stumbled across a hunt, horses, dogs, bugler the lot....... I'm not sure they were after animals illegally or doing one of these trail hunts. Kept me amused for a while though! I think they were equally surprised to see me too though.

Not quite kandahar, but I've run round Palma (Majorca) airport.

I was in Hull for the weekend ages ago so decided to go for a run over the Humber bridge to see how big it was.

I'm sure I've run in some more unusual places but can't think of them.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steady Edwina said:
Happy Birthday Twinks

Not run anywhere unusual not even across Dartmoor
Thanks Steady, also like the shortening of my name to Twinks... will use in future if you don't mind :d

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just got my number and chip, but i'm not sure if I can do it now. I have a night out on friday and don't know if i can be bothered going thru to edinburgh to do a hungover 5k, which I haven't really trained for properly. I haven't done a 5k before and was determined to make a good account of myself! Christmas, holidays and other stuff have kind of got in the way of my running so may put off my 5k debut for another day. Will make my decision later in the week!

Flakey

·
Registered
151 Posts
Go on flakey, do the 5k, it will be your PB so something to smash on your second 5K! And you get to watch the worlds finest XC runners to boot in the real race ;)

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Erm... Leeds railway station although I can't remember which platform.
Piraeus harbour, Athens.
Manchester Airport.
The M65 (before it opened, sometime in the 80's, we used to run on the stretch near
to where we lived. Just a long, wide, empty road... we never seemed to get
anywhere!)

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
pedestrian... It's really good that you bring back these topics :)

Hmmm... Shetland during a hurricane... Leaving my backpack at a bus station and going for a run at 4am while waiting for a connection...
I have run in very original circumstances... not so much in unusual places (apart from some hill-races in Scotland. Runningfox - you would love those).
Some of those circumstances are a bit too embarassing to tell :d

1 - 20 of 33 Posts