Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have just come across Reebok some great Reebok clothes.
they're from Run Easy a brilliant new inititiative from them where basically you don;t have to be making yourself sick, suffer knee/back pain...just to eb able to keep up with fitness fanatics.
Their whole prerogative is to run at the speed of chat so you run at your own speed rather than a speed set to you by other people.

Total independence uncovered.

Agree?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Allegra2 said:
Their whole prerogative is to run at the speed of chat so you run at your own speed rather than a speed set to you by other people. Agree?
You might be interested in the book 'Slow Burn' by Stu Mittleman which is all about burning more fat by running slower.
Cheers!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Runningfox said:
You might be interested in the book 'Slow Burn' by Stu Mittleman which is all about burning more fat by running slower.
Cheers!
Is that true? The slower you run the more fat you burn? Think I'll be changing my runing habbits...:d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
That is supposed to be the case. Working at say 65% of your MHR is better for fat loss than working out at say 80% .
However.....to run fast you need to train fast!

·
Registered
68 Posts
hmmm, sounds rather interesting. I'm trying to help my sister get into shape but she's not that over keen on running. I think she might changer her mind though if I show her this thread! :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I read in a magazine that you burn more calories fast walking than running! doesn't make sense i know i think it was Rosemary Conely who said it- so must be true!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
firsttimer said:
I read in a magazine that you burn more calories fast walking than running! doesn't make sense i know i think it was Rosemary Conely who said it- so must be true!!!
Yes, but isn't it boring. And you look an arse.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
runnerman1971 said:
Yes, but isn't it boring. And you look an arse.
LMAO....... :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts