Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just entered this one and was wondering if anyone in the locale has taken part in the event previously? Apparently the course takes you through a wind farm. Could be a cold one.

Cheers,
Ito.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Might be tempted to head over for this one actually, looks like the Mrs isnt working that day, might head over on the Saturday night, stay the night in a wee hotel somewhere and run on the Sunday...

O.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Picky. - thats to both Rich and Beasty :p

Rich, brain fade and no diary handy

Beasty, from Scotchland you are a southerner. Just as everyone except the Cornish are Northerners to me :)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Some info from the website :

An undulating downhill point to point run from Whitelee Forest Wind Farm to Strathaven town. Stunning countryside with home made soup and sandwiches at the end for all competitors. The route will be accurately measured and the race will be chip timed.

Part of The Strathaven Series of Races

Scottish Athletics Permit Event - Under UK Athletics Rules

Registration from 10.00am at Ballgreen Hall, Glasgow Rd, Strathaven

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Going to sign up for this run today :) Will head over on the Saturday night and stay somewhere local.

Should be good. If there are enough we could have it as our mini meet?

O.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some info from the website :

An undulating downhill point to point run from Whitelee Forest Wind Farm to Strathaven town. Stunning countryside with home made soup and sandwiches at the end for all competitors. The route will be accurately measured and the race will be chip timed.

Part of The Strathaven Series of Races

Scottish Athletics Permit Event - Under UK Athletics Rules

Registration from 10.00am at Ballgreen Hall, Glasgow Rd, Strathaven
This description was the clincher for us. Mrs Ito is on board too, although the fact I accidentally entered her in the senior male category didn't go down too well.

225 entrants so far.

Looking forward to it!

Ito.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Going to sign up for this run today :) Will head over on the Saturday night and stay somewhere local.

Should be good. If there are enough we could have it as our mini meet?

O.
Strathaven is a pretty small town, not much choice of hotels - in fact I can only think of one on the town. Most of the runners seem to be local club runners though, so shouldn't be a problem booking a room.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Since the Mrs will be coming along I will probably book in to the Gailes Hotel in Irvine, really nice place and then we can make a weekend of it.

Just jump on to the A71 and its straight to Strathaven.

Edit: Just noticed its about a 30 - 40min drive from the Gailes Hotel to Strathaven, might try and book in to the Best Western Hotel in Strathaven instead :)

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Since the Mrs will be coming along I will probably book in to the Gailes Hotel in Irvine, really nice place and then we can make a weekend of it.

Just jump on to the A71 and its straight to Strathaven.

Edit: Just noticed its about a 30 - 40min drive from the Gailes Hotel to Strathaven, might try and book in to the Best Western Hotel in Strathaven instead :)

O.
The Best Western is the one I was thinking of - its a very nice hotel. I was there for a wedding (not mine!) and was impressed. The rooms seems good too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts