Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if other people know of good things to eat or something to take away more of the pain, when running? i have a bad habbit of stopping when on my period, cos i cant do very much but i would like to keep going, without the trouble of my period stopping me.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Personally, I find running helps. It's when I'm sitting or lying around doing nothing that the pains are worse.

You could take Ibuprofen, some runners take that anyway before races...not something I would recommend though. But if your period pains are that bad while you run then you could try it.

As for nutrition etc... drink loads of water and make sure you get plenty of iron rich food and vit C to help absorb it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Google Uta Pippig and see the account of her winning Boston in the 90's.
Awesome account of someone running through their period and worse!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've found that taking longer to warm up whilst on my period is beneficial. Agree with Trinity, I think running does make you feel better, rather than sitting about. I find it all too easy to start feeling sorry for myself!!

A friend also recommended Gynotex in the place of a regular tampon, and I've found them to be much more practical and comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts