Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there

I Appreciate this isn鈥檛 everyone favourite subject.. However advice would be great

Does anyone take anything to help possibly avoid runners poop 馃挬 . I鈥檝e been told to try Charcoal Tablets but reading up shows a rather mixed reviews., Seems to Happen to me 2-3 miles into my run, even if I鈥檝e been before leaving home !!!

Thoughts appreciated

Thanks
WT

Registered
I like to run fasted in the morning, immeditely after my first movement of the day, in both senses of the word. I saw a paper once that said men benefit from training before eating, whereas women after, so that's ok. The advice on Diarrhea After Working Out: Causes, Treatments, and Home Remedies seems a good summary. The charcoal thing would be for absorbing poisons and is not appropriate here.

Registered
On occasion I have this problem, but certain foods make it more likely. For example, the day before a run I try to avoid chillis, beans, high-fibre foods, kale. In the hours before a run I avoid milk or other dairy products, raisins, coffee. Consistent with the "Things to avoid" section of the article above.

I also have my running routes go through or near greenery or woodland areas, so I can stop off if necessary. I take a packet of "Handy Andies" tissues with me, which fits in the pocket of my running shorts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts