Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paintballs!

Out on a club run, done 2 mile warm up and were stood there having the route explained to us for a 4 mile time trial. As we were stood there we heard a kind of dpppphhhh sound a few times, and all of a sudden I felt a splatter.

One of the lads had got hit on his elbow by someone driving past shooting paintballs at us. If anyone's been hit with one you'll know it stings, but as it hit his bare skin it actually broke his skin.

We carried on with our run but they came back for another drive past and hit someone else (luckily on their back and not full force). This time we got the car model and first part of the reg.

When we got back to the club the same lot had hit another one of our groups who were out and cut a ladies arm open. The police were called, but I have no idea of the outcome.

I know this is probably an isolated incident, but it's something to be wary of. If it's happened around here (Bedford) likelihood is it can happen anywhere. Luckily they only hit arms/backs, if it had've been someones eye who knows what the outcome could be.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Paintball. "Grown men" playing war games. How sad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Dave did this happen whilst you were out in Bedford? My Sis-in-law runs in Sandy, Should I pass this on to the club she runs with just in case?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I was out training with my club (Bedford Harriers). To be honest I doubt these goons will be travelling over to Sandy to pick off runners, I think it was a bit more opportunistic. I thought I'd send the warning on though, I though paintball guns were difficult to get hold of for the public. Seems not.

Whilst I agree with you Dave, in the right environment I think paintballing is a great laugh! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Make sure to contact the police, car reg. or not.

Things like this have to be stopped before it becomes a national pass-time.

More complains from your club mates the better. Let's hope this is a one off....

·
Registered
25 Posts
about a month ago i was out running in the evening and a car slowed right down and the idiots inside started throwing eggs at me lucky for me i didnt get hit, i just put two fingers up to them and carried on

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even had to put up with it today, running over a bridge at Wolverton 5, I lost count of how many cars beeped and shouted at us!

It is quite funny though when you get beeped and shouted at and start to think "t*sser" or something similar. Then a couple of days later you see afriend who says "I saw you out running the other day and gave you a shout....."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts