Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 705 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*** Latest Forum Social Details available at http://www.runnersforum.co.uk/general-running-chat/4536-rf-winter-social-entry-details.html#post71903 ***

Since the last Runners Forum social has been and gone... It must be time to start thinking about the next. I think a Winter Social is in order.

Ideally the event will involve a race and social event - forumites can either run the race, or support from the sidelines... the most important part of the event is that the Runners Forum members can get together, say hello, and who knows, maybe even have a good time!

Obviously the main Christmas and New Year Period are no-go zones with people expected to be too busy with family events, Work Xmas Parties etc... so I'd be interested to hear what people think about either early-mid December or mid-late January in terms of suitability. Also I'd be interested to hear what sort of distance people would be most interested in running (or spectating) - and also whether people are likely to be attending!!!

So if people could post back with:

a) Whether they're interested in coming (depending on dates etc)
b) What dates/time period would best suit their Winter plans
c) What race distance would they consider best for the occaision
d) Their credit/bank card details including PIN number...
e) Any preference on day, and whether am/pm?
f) Their location (IF they are planning on coming!)

Then we can look at what events would be most suitable for all :d
Post away my fellow forumites!

Link to at-a-glance who-said-what page: http://www.runnersforum.co.uk/socials.php

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm definately interested as I only just missed the last one. My choices are (with slightly different numbering to what you put down):

1. December
2. 10k
3. Not bothered about day preference but would like an evening event as well and stay in a hotel. Mind you doing a Sunday morning run after drinking the night before could be interesting.
4. I live in Stamford which is near Peterborough

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I'd potentially like to come, if it wasn't too much of a trek. It would require confessing to Mr BPC that I'm planning to meet some internet weirdos, but it wouldn't be the first time, so it's not too much of a problem!

I posted about the Marlow (Bucks) Santa fun run on the other thread. It's only 5k, which would mean just about everyone could join in (injuries permitting). I realise this is a somewhat selfish suggestion though, as it's local to me! It's on a Sunday am - 7th December.

Home Page

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
a) yep
b) Can't do 14th Dec (running Hastings marathon)
c) 10k or half marathon
d) 1234 5678 910 1112 pin 1234 :rolleyes:
e) no preference, I can run day or night
f) North Bristol

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd imagine Dan would still have some RF Tees for sale?! If not then assuming we could drum up enough interest there could possibly be potential for getting a new batch made up? :D

It's certainly a good way to be able to spot fellow forumites that you've never met before!

Best of luck for hastings Trin - there's a nice flat 10k in Bicester (I think) on that date that i'll be entering - last chance to hit my 2008 10k goal! lol.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Can we sill get RF tee-shirts? Would be good if we were all in them
Already ahead of you ;)

I've asked Dan. He's gonna check how many he's got left. If there are enough they'll be given to anyone who attends the social (while size-stocks last, naturally).

I'll/he'll let you know later.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You coming to the social Chris? Prize yourself away from the computer screen so we can all meet the guy who makes this place run smoothly? Go-on.... I'll buy you a beer! Or a tomato juice if you'd prefer? :lol:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Steve changed into a dark blue one after the race... I'd like one of those if at all possible... Mr bairy thank you kindly :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
And to follow instructions:

a) Possibly
b) Early December, or late Jan, either is fine for me
c) 5km, but only because I couldn't possibly run any further than that!
d) It's only accessible by retinal scan and a secret handshake
e) Preferably not a Sat morning - as it makes travelling more challenging
f) Bucks

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You coming to the social Chris? Prize yourself away from the computer screen so we can all meet the guy who makes this place run smoothly? Go-on.... I'll buy you a beer! Or a tomato juice if you'd prefer? :lol:
Possibly. I'll let you know when more details are agreed.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I don't think he's real... I think he's a machine hooked into the mainframe :cool: ;)

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nah... Trinity can't do that.... she just prances around n stuff ;)

Hey... anyway, this is supposed to be a serious thread (for once!) It MUST stay on topic! :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
So if people could post back with:

A. Depends on where, when and my finances.........
B. Anytime ok at the mo.
C. 10M-1/2M preferred.
D. If I told you I'd have to kill you...:p
E. Sunday am
F. Deepest coastal Suffolk...miles from anywhere!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
a) Definitely interested
b) Best if you figure out a date and I try to plan around it. Can't do October.
c) Any distance works for me; 10k sounds ideal
d) Just send a blank cheque and a note specifying how much you want to my assistant; Mr G Brown, 10 Downing St London
e) Time of day doesn't really matter
f) Either flying over from Poland, or coming over from my parents' house in Exeter

PS a t-shirt would be awesome :cool:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes
December
If you want to pay off my overdraft, no problem :p
Weekend, any time, cool/raining please!
Cambridge

1 - 20 of 705 Posts