Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Trinity said:
How far into Wales are you...I'm just on the England side of the old Bridge, which I sometimes run across
mmm not quite sure where you are refering too. I am in Rhyl, North Wales about 30miles West of Chester and about an inch from the sea. ;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
mike3legs said:
mmm not quite sure where you are refering too. I am in Rhyl, North Wales about 30miles West of Chester and about an inch from the sea. ;)

Oh... you're at the top end. I'm at the bottom end near Cardiff and the Old Severn Bridge

·
Registered
54 Posts
Running Wales

I live on the Shropshire Mid-Wales boarder and very often venture into Wales, Llandudno 10, Race the Train, Snowdon 10mile fell race as well as the Welsh Castles Relay. Fantastic running country, so much variation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Ya!!

Im from Bridgend (inbetween Cardiff and Swansea) FAB running area with the Merthyr Mawr dunes on the door step.

Sarah
xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOW i wish I knew of this place beofre:( I'm American but grew up in Japan and lived in Wales (Colwyn Bay) about three years ago...I am a runner, and was really hoping to do xc in schol, but my school didn't have a xc team so I ran on my own. (they kind of recruited a few of us to run in January). Alot of kids in my school did the usual "Run forest run" chant, but when I went to the Nationals in Brecon, and met SO MANY great runners and great people:d

Good running to all!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi from pembrokeshire

Hi everyone. I live in pembrokeshire and do my training mostly accross the preseli range. Other runners are pretty scarce.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
hadn't spotted this post... I live in South Pembrokeshire and use the old Brunel railway line quite a lot. I'm a way off from the preselis but I bet it's a challenging run out there!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I just re-discovered this thread and I felt that I needed to say something...

The originator of this thread sadly died after a sudden and unexpected illness last December... just after Christmas

He was a good friend of mine and is missed by many, he was very popular on Runners World forum.

At the time he was taken ill I started a group in Facebook for all of his friends to send their support to him and his wife June

If you want to read it, it's here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6337174469

Also there was a feature on him in a recent edition of Runners World magazine, with a picture of him naked, and a trainer covering his modesty. His wife submitted the photo because it was typical of Steady and his sense of fun

RIP Steady
x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts