Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, so I have asked a lot of people for advice and suggestions and no one seems to give me a good one to help me :(. Anyway I have been running/jogging in early November and maybe it was my bad form of running but I had a really bad sharp pain on the outer and inside of my kneecap. After that I thought I would get better and the pain would eventually go so the next couple of days I continued my daily run and stretches. I never thought the pain would get really bad. After that I stopped running and stretching for a month now and i still haven't recovered :(. I tried everything, ice packs, hot water bottle, deep freeze, kit tape, rested, hot bath. But the pain in still here and I really really want to run again guys I feel useless without my daily run. :(. Help guys anything to recover fast and when can I run again :'(

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Runner's knee is a blanket term usually referring to patella femoral pain syndrome. They main way to overcome this is too concentrate on making your legs stronger so go to the gym and perform leg exercises such as leg extension or squatting if you know how to. You should aim to continue to run as much as you can, I would advise working how much you can tolerate before pain symptoms start. Expose yourself to a little bit of pain as your body will only recover to the demands you place upon it. If you're in pain all evening you probably did too much. A bit of pain the next morning is normal though. It would be handy if you posted how much mileage etc you usually run

1 - 2 of 2 Posts