Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went running last saturday in absolute torrents of rain and loved the run! Anyways returned after about 7-8 miles and had quite sure nipples which was due to the fact i forgot my running jacket so my top got soaked and rub me nipples!

Though all was fine and went out last night 5 miles in i was just crossing a stile when i looked down to see my right hand side of my top drenched in blood! I thinks plenty of vaseline is in order next time!!! Has anyone else suffered from such bad nipples!

Bet you ladies are sure glad this is mainly blokes who suffer from this!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Done the sore bit, never the blood

Ouch!
Funny thing was i found it hurt far less once bleeding than before! That was until i got in the shower (sharp intake of breath)!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I have had it but never to the bleeding stage either, the only problem I have found with vaseline is it leaves horrible stains on your tshirts, I have ruined 2 tshirts by running with vaseline on my nips to prevent runners nipples!

Hope they recover soon! I know what you mean by the stinging....even worse when sweat touches them!

O

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had it but never to the bleeding stage either, the only problem I have found with vaseline is it leaves horrible stains on your tshirts, I have ruined 2 tshirts by running with vaseline on my nips to prevent runners nipples!

Hope they recover soon! I know what you mean by the stinging....even worse when sweat touches them!

O
Best way to prevent ruining the t-shirt is to apply the vaseline and then cover with a plaster before putting the t-shirt on! Yeah sweat is a killer its all the salt in it!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I'be also had bad nipples but never blood. If it is likely to rain I just put vaseline on before the run and have never had problems since.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i got bloody nipples on my first 10k and since then.. anything over 30mins i always get chaff.. so i go for first aid sticky tape type stuff... works a treat..just becareful if you have a hairy chest... it stings like buggery

·
Registered
19 Posts
I´m using Leukosilk, the tape they´re using in hospital. Normal plasters are ok as well. My nipples start to rebell from 15k onwards.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Ouchhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Often had sore nipples in the past, usually it's worse in the wet. Only once had a smidge of blood (at Glooston 10k [forum social] in fact).

I just use a small amount of vaseline, that's all. I'm not sure how much vaseline you use Owain, but I've found that the smallest amount is fine... just enough to rub on and give you a shiney nipple - no need for clumps of it or anything. I've not ruined any T-shirts yet :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts