Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 849 Posts

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well ladies and gents, boys and girls, it is time to start a north/south rivalry again. As always there are number of us who have got lucky in the ballot or wish to gain a charity place. This is the thread to document your training and support each other.

Nearer the time I will also look to arrange a pre/post race meet if people are interested. Naturally we will also be aiming to collectively beat the northerners :d

If you have a place in VLM please add your name below.

1. Hrun (9218 - Blue start)
2. Twinkle Toes (xxxx - Blue Start)
3. Ali-G (xxxx - Blue start)
4. ChrisM (32131 - Red GFA start)
5. John Hunt (43254 - Red start)
6. DPM (Darren) (46241 - red start)
7. RUN42
8. me3101
9. Miggito
10. Graz
11. Jayneee (Jayne) (36504 - Red start)
12. RichJ22
13. Matthunt (35203 - Red start)
14. Grazie (24897 - Blue start)
15. guy66
16. andyp (xxxx - Blue start)
17. njmacleod (Macca) (45551 - Red start)
18. andywg (54300 - Red start)
19. twinnies (25680 - Blue start)
20. Granty (xxxx - Blue start)
21. Louise
22. Mikey D
23. Bird (xxxx - Blue start)
24. Amber (33556 Red Start)
25. Bats (27094-Blue Start)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well ladies and gents, boys and girls, it is time to start a north/south rivalry again. As always there are number of us who have got lucky in the ballot or wish to gain a charity place. This is the thread to document your training and support each other.

Nearer the time I will also look to arrange a pre/post race meet if people are interested. Naturally we will also be aiming to collectively beat the northerners :d

1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
:d

·
Registered
936 Posts

Nearer the time I will also look to arrange a pre/post race meet if people are interested. Naturally we will also be aiming to collectively beat the northerners

1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. johnhunt

Running for MSRC (Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre)

I was diagnosed with it some years ago, ironically a year after I last ran a marathon in 1993!

Really looking forward to getting giving some support!

I'm a Londoner btw living a few miles away from the start

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. johnhunt
6. StuRunner

·
Registered
148 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. JohnHunt
6. StuRunner
7. DPM

I didn't get in the ballot, so am running for the Royal Air Force Association (RAFA), although I'm not ex-services I know the people there well and the great work that they do, so I'm delighted to be able to raise money for them.

Not sure about the North/South thing though, I'm a Midlander, not a Northerner or a Southerner - I might need to remain neutral :lol:

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm not so bothered about the north south thing either. A shoulder to cry on over the next few months is more of a priority.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Support is the first priority :)

The North South rivalry is not about where you come from but where you are running :). London V Edinburgh

*Edit: Post run meal is most important, followed by support :d*

·
Registered
76 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. JohnHunt
6. StuRunner
7. DPM
8. RUN42

I didn't get a ballot place (nice jacket though) but i have got a charity place from Farleigh Hospice again.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. JohnHunt
6. StuRunner
7. DPM
8. RUN42
9. me3101

First time Marathon runner. Looking for help and support for the training and the event! Running for Anthony Nolan.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I'm in the club hat, to try and get one of their places.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
I'm not so bothered about the north south thing either. A shoulder to cry on over the next few months is more of a priority.
They'll be plenty of those. This forum was very influential in my training and on race day last year.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
I'm in the club hat, to try and get one of their places.
Me too. Feeling quite positive about getting a place as there are 5 places and I'm the only one in the hat up to now :d

·
Registered
14 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. JohnHunt
6. StuRunner
7. DPM
8. RUN42
9. me3101
10. Miggito

Woo-hoo! I'm in! Never got in on the ballot but just got a place with Clic Sargant! Chuffed to bits to be running for such a worthwhile cause!

Ps - I'm a Scotsman so go easy on me! :d
Got to go and change my application for Edinburgh to the half now, two Marathons will be pushing it a bit! Hope my legs hold out until April! Will see you guys around :tup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Count me in for VLM 2011 - it will be my first marathon and i'm looking forward to getting stuck into the training plan I'm now formulating!

·
Registered
36 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. JohnHunt
6. StuRunner
7. DPM
8. RUN42
9. me3101
10. Miggito
11.Graz

Finally got a place for this, through a charity im running for help the hospices. Excited

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
1. Hrun
2. Twinkle Toes
3. Ali-G
4. ChrisM
5. John Hunt
6. StuRunner
7. DPM
8. RUN42
9. me3101
10. Miggito
11. Graz
12. Jayneee (Jayne)

After much deliberating have finally accepted a charity place - I knew I really wanted to run the VLM more than anything so here goes! I'm so happy - and it's on my birthday!!

1 - 20 of 849 Posts