Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The long standing members have talked about arranging a get together many times, so if anyone has any ideas about how we could do this please suggest away and maybe we'll get to have some fun sometime soon :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We would need some kind of large vehicle, like a van or coach, to transport all the alcohol, chocolate, cakes and compeed... :d

Plus we'd have to get there ourselves too :p

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess what we could do first is a feasibility study.. if all who are interested put their names down so we form a list on here, with their location next to their name, then we could see if there would be a place that would be fairly convenient, or equal driving distance for all of us

So I'll start... copy/paste and add your name and location

Trinity (Bristol)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Trinity said:
I guess what we could do first is a feasibility study.. if all who are interested put their names down so we form a list on here, with their location next to their name, then we could see if there would be a place that would be fairly convenient, or equal driving distance for all of us

So I'll start... copy/paste and add your name and location

Trinity (Bristol)
cheriton south wales

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The list of forumites interested in a social gathering
Copy/paste onto a new post and add you name and location

Trinity (Bristol)
cheriton (south wales)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Well I've always been up for this...Bristol and S Wales a bit of a journey for me though being as far east as one can get in England!!

I suspect the Midlands will be the port of call...on account of it being in the middle of the country....handy that eh?!!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
That get's my vote, well done Richard, just make sure we have some Blackthorn in the fridge (to aid recovery of course !!)

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Sorry Granty - I simply refuse to let ANYONE who shows ANY form of support for the baggies into my house. :p (after I was supporting Bristol too - how could you?! :( )

Everyone else is welcome though, can fit one or two in the downstairs loo, maybe 2-3 in the lounge, 2 in the hall, 1-2 on the stairs and perhaps even one on the landing. I'm sure we could fit a few under the trampoline in the garden too - does everyone have sleeping bags? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Sorry Granty - I simply refuse to let ANYONE who shows ANY form of support for the baggies into my house. :p

Everyone else is welcome though, can fit one or two in the downstairs loo, maybe 2-3 in the lounge, 2 in the hall, 1-2 on the stairs and perhaps even one on the landing. I'm sure we could fit a few under the trampoline in the garden too - does everyone have sleeping bags? :rolleyes:
Everyone else but me - I'm shocked ! :p

Not a baggies fan at the moment, my brief alliegence to them is no more !, infact I hope Palarse stuff them tonight.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Baggsy I a spot in Rich's loo. Always go for the place with the facilities! :d

Trinity (Bristol)
cheriton (south wales)
Granty (Bristol) - looks favourite !!
Admin (Newcastle)
Possibly Richardsimkiss (Warwickshire)
Katten (Gdynia, NE Poland [will travel] :p)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is looking good... I'm happy to travel to somewhere more central for as many peeps as possible too
Katten ... what are you doing in Poland!

Trinity (Bristol)
cheriton (south wales)
Granty (Bristol) - looks favourite !!
Admin (Newcastle)
Possibly Richardsimkiss (Warwickshire)
Katten (Gdynia, NE Poland [will travel] )

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
admin said:
Might I suggest we find a Saturday race as well, then we can go out for drinks or a meal perhaps on the Saturday night.
Sounds like a great idea. Someone nominate a race or a month, how about June?

Trinity, I'm working in Poland, training up a team of people. It's a lovely place :)

1 - 20 of 519 Posts