Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all!
Well, now we are starting to see more Scottish runners posting on here I thought I would maybe try and arrange a wee forum meet up, similiar to what Trin and Co. managed to do doon south.

Arrange to meet up at a 5k / 10k run and have a laugh.

No dates in mind just yet (I know Im not going to be free until Sept / Oct!). Just looking for some rough idea on numbers.
Non-Scottish runners i.e. people who run else where other than Scotland are also more than welcome to come along. If there is enough of us we could look at booking a travel lodge or something similiar and have some drinks after the run :D

O.

Link to at-a-glance who-said-what page: http://www.runnersforum.co.uk/socials.php

·
Registered
119 Posts
:idea: Probably too far north but there is the Baxters Loch Ness 5k, 10k and Marathon in Inverness on the 6th October.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had looked at the Loch ness event, was also looking at the Jedburgh 1/2 Marathon, also in October.

What would people prefer? Short distance i.e. 5k / 10k or 1/2 Marathon?

O.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The runnersforum t-shirts offer applies to any scottish social too. Anyone running or attending to support will be sent a shirt (if you want one like).

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didnt realise there was a t-shirt offer :) Must have missed that. That would be sweet. Just need to get the social organised now.

Cheers Bairy,
O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think me and the good lady will probably make a weekend of it and head up on the Saturday and spend the night up there.

Once we have some more YES's then I will look at booking a place on the 10k.

O.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Think me and the good lady will probably make a weekend of it and head up on the Saturday and spend the night up there.

Once we have some more YES's then I will look at booking a place on the 10k.

O.

Hi me and husband have been talking about doing the Loch Ness 10K, we live in Edinburgh. Meeting up sounds like fun. We might even camp for the weekend:)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, another Edinburgh runner :) I do most of my running in and around Edinburgh. Where abouts in Edinburgh do you run?

The more the merrier.....

Ok, to give us an idea on numbers that can make it to the 10k Loch ness run, Add your name to the list.

Owain.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I've added a page to make it easier to figure out what different people would like.

What I'd suggest is anyone thinking of attending be specific about what they'd like. In the other social thread the following is asked:

Preferred dates, distance, day and time, where you are now.

Of course if you want to use a different set of questions, I'm happy to adjust the summary page as needed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi

Just to say that I am doing the 5k Loch Ness run in October. Would be good to meet with some others on the forum if you make it up here.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 5k and 10k start around 10am and the Marathon about 11am I believe. The Marathon starts at the other end of Loch Ness - an amazing route. My son in law did it a couple of years ago. He is extremely fit but found it quite hard (lots of big hills but fantastic scenery).

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had heard it was a tough one with the hills. Might train for it and give it a go next year since it doesnt look like I will get on to the London Marathon.

O.

1 - 20 of 376 Posts