Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should you wait before running?

I have had a nasty virus, full of cold, sore throat, etc.... for the last 9 days or so. I am still abit bunged up and sore throat now & again but I am dying to get running and start my training.:p

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Hi JING ,Just get back out there, the running will help to clear the gunk 9 days sounds like the classic 3 days coming three days with you three days going.

Take it easy

Cheriton;)

P.s there is a recent thread on here " running with a cold " would be worth a look

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
You should be ok to go Jing...just take it easy at first to allow your body to get used to running again.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much, I might get out there then tomorrow. I am very new to running so haven't really started yet and I have my 5k in June;)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Which 5 k are you doing?

june that's plenty of time to prepare as well :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I went out this morning, I am so new to running, I am not sure how far I ran but I wasn't out that long:p

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Good luck for that !!:)

The fact that your out there running no matter what the distance is great .

There are plenty of shedules to follow if you choose to use them on the net just google (other search engines are available) 5 k schedules or training programmes you'll get load s . Runners world do some as well .

There's a site called map my run..where you can plot your run lt'll give you an idea of how far you've run.

Any questions you have or advice just ask away we're a pretty helpful bunch on here.

Take it easy

Cheriton

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much.

I just worked out I did 2.6km in 15 mins on my first run today, not sure if its a good time or anything but I didn't realise I had run that far, lol! My aim is to run 5km soon.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That's a good effort, Jing

Your speed is pretty good, but when you have literally just started running after 15 years, there's really not much point worrying about your times or anything, just go out there and have some fun :) You wil improve rapidly as your body gets used to running anyway :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Katten,

What am I supposed to be doing with regards to my breathing? I found I was really out of puff by the time I got back home:p

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You could try running slower? Or just keep with it for a couple of weeks until your lung capacity improves.

Like the new picture :d

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Kat,

Decided to take my ugly mug off here, I used to get told I looked like Andrea Corr (thats her in the pic, haha), wishful thinking now:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts