Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well I used to run as a young man and after a few decades of getting my own business going and having a family I've finally got back into it again!

Have been running about 8k cross-country since March and am entering the Crawley Catherine's Hospice 10k next week. My first race since I was a teenager!

Any tips on what I should do over the next week would be good as I did my first every farleck (is that right?) run last week and my legs have been aching ever since :worried:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Creepy Crawley!! What a lovely place!

Can't offer any advice, but good luck!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hiya CCC and welcome :)

Great that you're lovin your running.

I'm pretty new to running to and I need to pick up my speed, so I'm going to start working on that next week as I don't seem to be getting any faster.

Good luck:)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
having generalised muscle ache is not a problem...

usually occurs when you push yourself - probably more common after farklet/interval sessions as these are much harder than a normal run...

there isn't all that much you can do one week before a race but good luck !

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Glad you are getting into running again. I used to run for my school (from sprinting to cross country) - then discovered bad things like smoking, drink and other substances for the next 20 years :(( But it's felt so great to get back into it after all this time - and even enter races!

Good luck with your running - a week maybe a bit too long just before a race, I would maybe do a nice easy run 2-3 days before the race then just rest.

I've heard a few people say that having a week's rest from time to time does wonders - personally I find a break of three days and I run better (hence I am leaving 3 days before my race on Sunday!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts