Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Any recommendations for a decent running app? I just used Nike run+ i was enjoying it but it didnt stop at the distance id set. By the time id got my phone out etc it had added time on whilst i walked. Frustrating cause i cant see what my 5k time was. Or if i can i cant work out how. Its my first 5k so im eager to see the exact time.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Strava

There is a runners forum group on there too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ill take a look at strava. I think ive worked out how to see my time on nike + although the time i read doesnt match the time she said. (Or i think she said)

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you do setup Strava, you can upload the run you've already done to it and then it will tell you your best 5K time. You can also crop the run to get rid of the useless bits at the beginning and end.

I'd also suggest considering getting a running watch. You can muddle by using an app, but phones are really quite a shit way of doing it. The vast majority of watches will sync with Strava so nothing lost there by using Strava now.

I never enjoyed Strava.
If you don't know anybody else using Strava then that's understandable. I never bothered using it until I started running with other people, but I quite like the social side of it now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers SB sounds like something to look at. Someday i want to upgrade to a watch but at the minute im just enjoying running and setting myself targets. Want to see if i can maintain the running for a while before i start dropping decent money into it. Whenever ive run in the past ive always given up eventually or got injured and given up. Determined to stick it out this time. Helps clear my head after a stressy day at the office.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts