Runners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new to this forum.

I'm look for a good running backpack at a reasonable price. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jonathan

·
Registered
118 Posts
OMM last drop is a great backpack, I've had mine for a good 4 years now, still love it and it's still going strong, they're pretty cheap too, £35 on Wiggle at the moment. It hasn't got pockets on the waist but I pair it with either Ron Hill cargo shorts or my OMM bumbag which is designed to clip into the backpack to make one larger pack, it's a good adaptable system, very comfortable and once you get the straps just right extremely bounce free. I have a small frame so I trimmed off all the straps and burnt the ends to stop them fraying so there are no excess straps flapping around now which makes it even comfier.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Depends on what you want to carry really. Water and food for running? clothes for after your run? work stuff etc?

I have a Salomon Advanced Skin 12 (I think, though it might have been discontinued / superseded by now) and I have used it a lot. I have run-commute with it, carrying clothes and stuff for work, run long distance on my own using the bladder to carry extra water, and run ultras in it carrying all the stuff you need for that.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I've for the S-lab and it's great but pricey and wouldn't comfortably hold either a large notepad\laptop or work shoes as the openings are very small.

I've got an Inov-8 race 12 backpack that I use sometimes if I'm carrying more than keys, phone and water (which is very rare).

Decathlon have backpacks and race vests that I've seen at a lot of Ultra races.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I'v got an Asics 'Lightweight Running Backpack', think it was £30 or so. It's brilliant and perfect for my needs - specifically it has a pocket on the shoulder strap that can fit a phone or travel card which I use all the time - couldn't find any other backpack that had that, they were either too small or giant bottle holder type affairs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, if you are new to all these running activities I can understand why you need a good backpack at a good price. To tell you a secret, everybody is different and the preferences differ from one person to another. If you want to take the right decision from the start, try Backpacks.Global | Uncover the World’s Best Backpacks. Here is a page with a lot of articles related to backpacks and even more, they have a nice comparing section where you can compare more types of backpacks and understand what suits you the best. I think for a beginner this is the best way to search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts