Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, last night while completing mile seven, how many of you run with buddies?

When you always run on your own as i do your mind tends to wander,and almost switch off ,and you suddenly think ,I don't remember the last mile or so .(OR IS IT JUST ME!)

You have to shake yourself and say COME ON WAKE UP !

That's when i think to myself a running buddy would be good.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
HAHAHAHAAAA! So very true cheriton!! My mind always wanders when I go out running on my own, usually I think about things going on in my life that I need to sort out, really helps me clear my head. Then once I've go over those I start to think about other things, what i'd do if I won the lottery seems to come up a lot! lol. But I'll quite often go into 'autopilot' mode and not remember the past few miles!

Doesn't happen when I run with the club, though in those situations I can often switch off from where I'm actually running and just follow the others without a clue as to where I am!

·
Registered
78 Posts
skillipedia said:
When I start thinking about personal stuff I forget where and why I am running so i forget how many laps i've done .
I find that to be more of a problem when I'm swimming; I'm still at a stage where I remember every stride of progress when I'm running!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts