Runners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of joining a running club, and most of them have beginner, intermediate and advanced sessions, but many don't indicate what kind of times you should be running to be in each category. I would like to run with people at a similar level to me. I can run comfortably at 7.20/mile pace for a half marathon and my average 10k times are around 43 minutes. Should I put myself in the Intermediate or Advanced category?

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Give your local club a call! I'm almost certain they'll tell you which group you'd be most suited to, though from your times (and knowing the paces of my running club) I'd estimate you'd be in the top half of the intermediates.

EDIT: By the way, joining a club is in my opinion one of the best things you can do to progress with your running!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
richardsimkiss said:
Give your local club a call! I'm almost certain they'll tell you which group you'd be most suited to, though from your times (and knowing the paces of my running club) I'd estimate you'd be in the top half of the intermediates.

EDIT: By the way, joining a club is in my opinion one of the best things you can do to progress with your running!
Agreed.

From my experience of running clubs there's often no concern about ability...most running clubs are just pleased to have someone else join them. Athletic clubs may be different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts