Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the the different running clubs around Plymouth which I could join, i want a club which has a competitive streak in it to help developing my speed work,

I also have the London Marathon to train for next year, this being my first i could do with making the most out of people experiences.

Many Thanks

Cr

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Hi Chicken-Runner!

There's a useful section on this site that has a list of various clubs across the country, if you CLICK HERE you'll find the list of clubs in the Devon area, in amongst which are a number in Plymouth. Check out their websites (if they have one!) and see what they've got to offer!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Hi Cicken-Runner,
I've recently moved from Plymouth to the North West. I'd recommend you try quite a few clubs before joining. I was a member of DML running club - a very small friendly club but more of a social running club. The other alternatives in Plymouth are Plymouth Harriers they meet up at Derriford on a Wednesday evening or Plymstock Road Runners who meet in Plymstock on a Thursday evening. The really serious runners club in your area is the Tamar Trotters, who meet in Saltash but they are a really big popular club and they had closed there membership but being in Saltash they do lots of hill work.

Good luck finding a club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts