Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Hi i'm looking for a running club or group in the Oldham area does anyone know of one?:huh:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Stotty said:
:) Hi i'm looking for a running club or group in the Oldham area does anyone know of one?:huh:
The only one I know of is Oldham & Royton but their website seems to be currently closed down. You could try contacting them through their Team Manager:
Peter Williams, Telephone: 07770 733407

Cheers!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that i will, had a stroke of luck this morning dropping my little girl off at school though just got talking to one of the mums coz i seen her at the race for life on Sunday and she said that another mum at school runs a running group on a monday night so i'm going to speak to her later.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You could also look into the womens running network as well. Have you looked under the clubs section on this website?

Good luck Stotty and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive not rang that women back from school yet about her running group i'm feeling really nervous about it i dont want to make a fool of myself especially if i have to see her every day at school. Even as i'm writing this i know it sounds silly but i just cant bring myself to ring.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Stotty,
You won't make a fool of yourself you are pretty fast for a beginner and any club/group would be glad to have you. Its hard trying something new on your own for the first time. Go on be brave I'm sure you won't regret it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Steve ive taken the plunge and rang the woman about her running group. She was really helpful, shes got a website aswell where her members contact eachother to ask if anyones going running on certain days etc so that sounds great.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have printed of membership form for my local club and will send it this week. The only thing is there isnt a phone no. so that i can ring them up and ask a few questions only email, so i might email them first and see what they say, as i dont really know what goes on, so i would like some insight first i think. Its all abit daunting really, not sure why, ill let you know if i get there or not. H.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
hayley1977 said:
I have printed of membership form for my local club and will send it this week. The only thing is there isnt a phone no. so that i can ring them up and ask a few questions only email, so i might email them first and see what they say, as i dont really know what goes on, so i would like some insight first i think. Its all abit daunting really, not sure why, ill let you know if i get there or not. H.
For someone with times like yours there's no need to feel daunted. But I wouldn't post that form yet. After you've emailed them and found out which nights they train it would be a good idea to join them two or three times to see how you get on with them and whether you're enjoying it. Most (or all) clubs will let you train with them a few times before you decide whether you want to join. You seem to have a natural aptitude and I think you'll really enjoy developing it. Go for it Hayley!
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Thank you for your kind words runningfox, its so nice to meet some great people on this site, ill do that. thanks again H.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
That's what I did Hayley - I went to one or two different club nights and joined the the club I felt suited me best and also happened to be closes to where I live.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Stotty

I've been reading this post about running clubs for Ladies and wondered if you had any details you could let me have e.g. a website or contact number. I live in Oldham and don't really like the idea of running on my own.

Many thanks
Karen

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Karen

This thread is quite old and I haven't seen Stotty on here for a while so you may not get an answer.

TT

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

Thanks for all your replies. It would be great to find out if there was a local ladies club. I look forward to hearing from you. K

·
Registered
378 Posts
There's Saddleworth runners.
And Royton & Oldham Harriers.
I know the Harriers meet at Radcliffe Track on Hunt Lane.

Saddleworth's website is currently down, so no info there yet!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Royton Road Runners

Worth mentioning Royton Road Runners - not ladies only, but a small, friendly club that welcomes runners of all standards. Evening runs from Royton Cricket Club at 6.45pm on Mondays & Thursdays.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I've just had a look a look at the womens running network site and all the groups tend to be based around Central Lancs area - Preston, Leyland, Chorley. There are groups in Southport, Wigan and Colne.

Have a look if you are interested:
North West | Home page

1 - 20 of 23 Posts