Runners Forum banner

Running Clubs

3K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  cheriton 
#1 ·
Just wondering how many of you are members of a running club? Ive just found there is a local one to me which meet on a Tuesday and Thursday night, I guess it would be good to run with others but I also really enjoy just putting my tunes on and running to the music.

Are they worth while joining?

O.

#6 ·
Owain said:
I might pop along to one of their meets, I guess I'm a bit nervous that I will be left at the back. I hate holding people up.

The running club colours are a bit nasty as well :)

O.
Definitely worth going along. You son't have to join straight away, so run with them a few times and then you can make a decision as to whether it's the right club for you.

I belong to a club, don't get a chance to run with them much at the moment but the benefits of belonging to a running club are well worth it

#8 ·
Hahaha! Awesome colours :d

DEFINATELY worth going along to the club though Owain, without a shadow of a doubt. My running has improved SO MUCH since I started running with a club.

I'm sure you won't get left behind either, most clubs have a fairly big range of abilities. and still if everyones faster than you it'll just make you work harder to keep up, and improve your running even more ;)

#9 ·
Owain said:
I have sent them an email so watch this space :)

The colours are flo green and flo orange!

O.
Any reply?

I've found it's best to phone people rather than email them....I had a chap phone me Monday and expect...or rather hope he'll turn up Thursday.............don' think I put him off!!:d

#10 ·
Ye got a reply and they meet on a Tuesday and Thursday, Im going away on holiday next week so will try and get along to a meeting the following week. Might actually give them a call as well just so I can ask more questions as I think of them rather than waiting for an email.

I will let you know how I get on :)

O.

#13 ·
Owain said:
Ye got a reply and they meet on a Tuesday and Thursday, Im going away on holiday next week so will try and get along to a meeting the following week. Might actually give them a call as well just so I can ask more questions as I think of them rather than waiting for an email.

I will let you know how I get on :)

O.
Excellent...you'll not regret it I'm sure.

#19 ·
The club has access to showers, changing rooms and a training track so I guess for the £30 its pretty good, they also have professional trainers who take the sessions on the Tuesday and Thursday night.

The membership also gives you discount in local running shops as far as I can tell. Don't think the club supply running tops though, I think they are an extra £14.

O.

#23 ·
Steve said:
Blimey we must be missing a trick ...our club fees for the this year were £12 if paid by 31/3 and £14 thereafter...we are as small club though with no facilities to pay for.
i think i'll join your club Steve but i may be late on wednesdays the green machine aint fond of bridges although she's on first name terms with the toll booth people now:p

#25 ·
I joined a running club just over a year ago and have found it has kept me much more motivated to run regularly. I still run on my own 2 or 3 times a week but always go the the Saturday morning training session. Although I was one of the slowest when I started everyone was really supportive and my times have improved massively since going.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.