Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had one? I've just come into quite a large sum of cash, most of which I'm going to be sensible with and stash away/use to pay off my various debts, but some of which I want to splurge a lil, and one idea is go on holiday - and run. My mate, who is also a runner, has been wanting to go to America, visit various cities in various states..., and run around them a bit - anyone ever done this or know how one would go about organising such a thing, ie a good company that maybe does that kinda stuff? My budget is... fairly high... but obviously being tight (it's the scottish in me) I'd rather it didn't cost the earth.

Also, any other countries that anyone's been to and have ran in, or would want to run in?

All suggestions welcome, as always. But I don't wanna stay in the UK.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Swiss Alpine Trailweek...July 19th -26th this year..in Davos...plenty of runs in the week

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Why not just go for the usual girlie holiday and save the running for running away from ugly blokes in the various bars and clubs??

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is wanting to go to pretty places and run round them not a girlie thing to do? PWITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit; and the kind of holiday I think you're referring to would get rediculously boring very quickly, and it'd be tacky and crap - I have quite a lot of money to spend on this holiday, I have no need for a cheap and cheerful (read: alcohol-fuelled) holiday on Ibiza.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Fair point my idea of holiday hell is lying hungover on a beach or by the pool everyday. I love getting out and people watching.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like looking at crazy pretty places in pictures... so I thought maybe it'd be EVEN better to actually go to those places... and run in them!! And what better than a road trip?! I like freedom.

Might have to invest in a GPS device, I like feeling like I'm lost... I don't like actually being lost though.

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
My work takes me to some of those kind of places I'd have never thought to holiday in Romania or go to Northern Russia

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too cold.

Want to escape the UK to get sun! Im so pale I'm looking grey :(

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
why don't you look for a race or two... there's loads happening all throughout the year in the US, a lot of the marathons have shorter distance races the same day. Then not only do you get to run, but you also get all the goodies that go along with a race ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I get the US runners world for some reason (my dad was sweet and bought me a subscription... didn't realise it wasn't from the UK, not even when he was paying in dollars hahaha)... but yeah at the back they have loads of ads for races, so that's a really good idea! I've been having a look at some random fly drive holidays on offer, some are just a bit too hectic though and have too-strict an itinerary, which isn't soooo bad.. this is going to take some serious organising, but should be worth it :d

Rich, I would give you some money... but then I mightn't have enough left over to buy lots of shoes... so no. :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve... I would give you some money but then I mightn't have enough to buy lots of bags... so no.

All of you: wait until your own grandpa's bloody die! :p

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sucks to be you.

In all honesty I'd rather he were alive. What a funny man he was. But he was 94... and very bored... so... what can ya do?

Anyway back on topic... I would like to go to san fransisco and new york, but they're on opposite ends of the damn country!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
HA!

No that would be awesome... Maybe I should get a motor home instead, that saves the hassle of having to trying and organise hotel booking..., hrmmm....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts