Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i just joined the forum - 59 yr old plodder, addicted to plodding, & based in wrexham, n wales

has anyone got any experince of running races in france, belgium, holland?

my wife & i are about to set off on our annual caravan, "fill the wine cellar tour", & i'm determine to run a 5k, 10k, 1/2M race while over there, this year.

i've been searching for races on the web. anyone done any?. the french entry forms i've downloaded seem to talk about an obligatory health form to prove i'm not gonna peg out half way round (middle of a race-on holiday-beautiful country-full wine cellar.....can't think of a better way to go, really...)

anyone know anything about these health forms -& do the french really demand them -i know they tend to have an awful lot of red-tape, which they then have a convenient tendency to ignore...!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i've heard about these for french races... you'd need to check with the organiser what they will accept.

often they need a letter from your doctor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ed! i just foned the doc who said they'd do me a letter for a few quid, so hopefully that & my northern vets membership stuff should suffice - just got to find some races now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts