Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Out for my run last night and I got totally drenched.

Funny thing is that I really enjoyed it. Managed to keep a decent pace and did not mind splashing in puddles or getting sprayed by some of the bigger lorries. Was quite warm also.

Had my Ron Hill jacket on and decided to keep the shorts on as well. I am sure I got some funny stares but did not bother me at all.

I've now ran in snow, hail, fog, frost, wind and rain.....love it :p

Anyone else love the rain when running?

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It can be good, aye. It feels like you're winning, somehow, if all of nature is trying to stop you but you keep going regardless

·
Registered
466 Posts
It takes my mind of the pain in my legs and focuses it onto the cold in my hands.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Katten said:
It can be good, aye. It feels like you're winning, somehow, if all of nature is trying to stop you but you keep going regardless
I agree Katten.

Feels like your in a battle against the elements.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I haven't run in heavy rain yet, but I love cycling in the rain.

I feel differently about it from you guys - it doesn't feel like a battle to me, but precisely the opposite. For once I feel like I'm not battling against the rain, but enjoying the sensation of being wet through and having rain fall on my head! I know that I'm going home afterwards and can have a shower, and put on warm dry clothes, so I don't have to worry about sitting round in wet clothes.

It's liberating :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
love running in the rain :d

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I really enjoy running in the rain, I like walking in the rain as well but thats just me :) Not so keen on people with Umbrellas.

When running in the rain it keeps you cool but I find makes me run a bit faster as well.....love it. :)

O.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Some nights I pray for rain when I'm running as it gets that hot.

It doesn't seemed to have rained that much lately when I've ran. The last time was one really stormy windy night in February, we kept on the streets but it was like running through a river, we got soaked to the bone and jumped over loads of frogs.:eek:

Saying that we had a good laugh about it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah running in the the rain is the best! especially when doing a cross country route have the soft muddy ground under your feet whilst the the rain beating down keeps you cool is a perfect combination to me!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all

Thanks for all the comments.

My running shoes have not dried out from last night yet......maybe I should take them off and put them near a radiator :p

Cheers

Gary

·
Registered
943 Posts
Steve said:
I do...but don't like going out into the rain.
Join the club! Saying that I went out yesterday in the p1ssing down rain and I enjoyed it. I think the thing was that it wasn't cold. If it had been cold and raining I wouldn't have gone!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
In Thailand it's often rainy, but nice warm rain, like a shower, and warm generally so it's not unpleasant in the slightest.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I'm just back from a run in the torrential rain tonight and enjoyed it - I usually don't mind running in the rain anyway.

I think I made it home in time though, as there's been a thunder storm going on for the past 15 minutes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can't stand the rain. Give me a nice cool breeze, dry conditions and about 10 degrees and I'm a happy man :cool:

I couple of months ago I did a run in wet, windy conditions. Got back and realised I had joggers nipple. It was only a 5 mile run as well :confused:

Bloody rain.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
The air quality is so much better when it rains:d
... That's why many people say that they've run faster whilst out in the rain. Some of my best ever races were run whilst it was raining.:cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Iv had a brain wave!!!

Why dont you get a dread mill.....put it in the shower. Turn the shower on, start running.

Hay Presto!

Is that not a good idea.........ah i see.

Thats why im going to be cannon fodder.....ill get me coat!

lol

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Im actually hoping it rains here at lunch time today, I want to go for an hours run but its really close and humid just now, the rain should help get rid of that.

Plus, people at work think Im very dedicated to running if it raining :) The worlds "You're mad" are heard, when in all honestly, I prefer it.

O.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts