Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I'm an American going to Salford the first week of August and am looking for any clubs that might meet close to where I'll be working (M50 3UB). This will only be my second time in the UK, so I don't know my way around well at all. Any advice or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I did see one race which appears to be close by, too: The Manchester Reebok 5k Sizzler, so any feedback on that series would be great, too.

Thanks!

Marcus

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
These are the ones in Salford according to the Council:

Running clubs in Salford - Salford City Council

How long you staying? There's the Worsley Woods Trail Race in September, up at the other end of Salford.

Also Trafford just south of Salford has a running club I think, but website not working just now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Altrincham AC are fairly nearby and a friendly bunch. A couple of strong track clubs are based nearby (Sale Harriers and Trafford AC) if that is more your thing? There is a Salford Harriers but not actually sure they meet and train in the Salford area?
The Sizzler 5km is nice little race based in Wythenshawe Park, bit twisty but flat and I think finishes on the track? Nice evening race

1 - 3 of 3 Posts