Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spotted this -

Odd News: Hundreds of women don their stilettos in world record racing bid *|*Odd News*|*the londonpaper

Is it just me - or is that just ridiculous!! I daren't make a comment on the paper site, as guys will probably think I am a sad ugly spoil-sport....

I think beach volley-ball is fine! At least they wear practical clothes... but this just seems plain dangerous! Kind of makes a mockery of women running... maybe I am just getting on my soap box (it has been known!)

What do you think? :worried:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
LOL @ the girl in the picture who stacked it .!!!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a GUY right at the back (just see top of his head!!!!) Its definitely a guy's hair!!!

I bet its one of the forum!!! ?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I cannot walk in heels let alone run..........

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
alternativle ... caption this pic...

Surprise sale starts at Next....
Louis Vuitton gives away bags :lol:

Also can be used as man bags (hence the man in back)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I saw it on the news lunchtime.....perhaps we should make you ladies wear heels at the social run!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
perhaps she wanted a feel cause she was flat chested :p

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Is it just me - or is that just ridiculous!! ...
I think beach volley-ball is fine! At least they wear practical clothes... but this just seems plain dangerous! Kind of makes a mockery of women running...
I think its just a bit of fun.
Kind of like saying that the Gloucester Cheese Run thing down the hill is making a mockery of mens fell running.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmmm, but wearing heels is kind of a stereotype of how females should be- men chasing cheese down a [email protected]@dy big hill isn't a stereo type of men...is it? Now men running down a big hill pushing a lawnmower would be.
Well, anyway, I think it's bit of fun too though there's no way I could participate- I can't walk in the things either!

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I reckon I could post a pretty decent time over 80 metres in stillettos. I bet I would have won that race :p

·
Registered
835 Posts
only if you guys wear them too!
You beat me to it Trin, I was going to complain that this article was sexist and that in this PC madness that we live in, we should all be given the chance to compete! What d'ya think richardsimk?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts