Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to go out for my usual jog tonight but see it has started to rain lightly. I've never gone out in the rain before (apart from once when I was out walking and got caught in a light shower) and am wondering what to do. Should I go as normal wearing just a t-shirt or do I need to cover up more? its not cold out and I dont want to wear a fleece to keep dry but end up sweating buckets later. Some advise would be good as I plan to do the Race for Life next year and of course cant cry off on the day if its not dry!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just go out in your normal running attire and get wet. If it's cold put an extra layer on; not a waterproof as you will sweat buckets and get wet anyway. :d

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll do that. I know my boyfriend wont like it but you cant change the weather!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've never gone out in the rain before (apart from once when I was out walking and got caught in a light shower)!
You are making this up? Do you live somewhere arrid, the Sahara perhaps?:confused:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant that Ive never purposefully gone out for a walk or jog when its been raining! of course I've been out in bad weather before!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Phew you had me worried there thought you had spent your life indoors:d

Good luck with the run in the rain. You will probably find it very enjoyable:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love running in the rain. I just put a long sleeve top under a florescent t-shirt and I'm away.

My husband used to run (can't now due to injuries) he always hated the rain but loved it when there was snow on the ground (weirdo!!)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got back from a jog in the rain and I struggled a bit. It wasnt the rain so much, more that my legs didnt really seem up to it. I managed about half a mile which isnt too bad I guess. Think I need a rest day tomorrow!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Are you running most days or alternate? Good on ya for getting out there. Did your b/f go too?

Lovely and sunny up north :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Of course. At least I take mine out of the box :p

How is your tendon, on the mend?
At least mine are still shiny and clean and smell divine :)

knee is still the same but have managed 20 lengths of the pool this evening.

Thanks for asking

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
At least mine are still shiny and clean and smell divine :)

knee is still the same but have managed 20 lengths of the pool this evening.

Thanks for asking
See I'm not the only one who like clean trainers, although I wouldn't say mine smell devine. Good to hear you can still do something ok.

Liz3yy, well done for getting out there! Doesn't matter what the distance was.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Noooooooooo trainers should be dirty, going out in the rain and mud then coming home letting them dry out and then banging the mud off them when it's dry. Nothing better;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
you will find the weather effects performance so easily..

the worst ive jogged in is a blizzard / sleet... man its painful and the sense of acheivement is actually getting back inside in the warmth more than the fact you just did 3 odd miles lol :d

depending on the heaviness the max i ever put on extra is gloves lol. But a jumper in snowy conditions.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts