Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started running about 8 weeks ago, and it was mild, light and sunny.

And now its dark, damp and freezing!!!

I know this may sound stupid, but is there any tips for running during the winter months I should take onboard.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Running in the winter

always cover legs don't wear shorts when weather is cold, wear head gear hat, you lose 90% of body heat though your head, good warm ups & cool downs are vital. If you are using a muscle rub balm gel ect make sure its natural, or even organic what you rub into your skin if it is more than 3% concentrate of an active ingredient will be absorbed into ther blood stream so the more natural the better, also synthetic chemical rubs, gels ect contain skin iritants & some harmfull chemicals. You must also stick to a good balanced diet and drink plenty of water,in the winter months your breathing will differ because of the temprature you need to take longer on your warm ups don't run fast at the start of a run

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'm the same as Calton, I found the running in July really tough but I am use to training for football in the winter months and I always wear a warm hat, plenty of water and find the hardest thing is to actually get motivated to get out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am a morning runner. Out with the dog the back to sort kids for school (the job of a house husband!).

I am running out of light at the moment. I was out at 7am this morning and it was too dark to see, not many street lights here in Argyll. Bonus is a lot more wildlife around. Lots of Sika rutting.

As I'm with kids the rest of the day I am unsure how I'm going to tackle this, maybe eat more carrots?

Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
You've got it! The 20 month old in the 3 wheel pram, the 3 yr old in the backpack and the 5yr old on my shoulders.

Why didn't I think of that! :)

Dave

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Becoming a househusband has obviously addled your brain!

Just think of the strength that would give you.Would make race days a doddle!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts