Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I read Runners World and sometimes Running Fitness, doesn't seem as good as it used to, I grew up reading my dad's Todays Runner.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've just let my subscription to Runner's World lapse, I've just about seen all the articles that they run in the two years that I've been subscribing.

I might just pick the odd running mag up if I see one that interests me now and again.

·
Registered
244 Posts
admin said:
Anyone read Althetics Weekly? I buy a copy now and then, it occassionaly has some good articles.
I have done a few times. Although the few times I have seen it it has been very "track" orientated which I'm more of a TV watcher than a participant.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the internet must be taking its toll on magazine sales. i used to get them to find what races were on but now the net rules. you can also get all the info and advice you want at forums :d

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
steepler said:
You can't read a forum on a plane or train though!
I think forums will change the way running magazines are written. As chrisity said you can't beat the internet for finding out when races are on and geting results.

There is still a place for the running magazine though, articles and kit reviews are well suited to the magazine format.

So, who's had their picture in a running magazine? I made in into RW a few months back!

·
Registered
244 Posts
chrisity said:
I've been the cover picture on The Finishing Line. What do you mean, you've never heard of it. It's the Long Eaton RC mag, circulation 150.
Top quality publication there. Were you Cover model for the most recent issue?

I have been used as advertising as one of the faces of LERC club kit!! As a result I think I may have been in the same publication as Chrisity!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
admin said:
I think forums will change the way running magazines are written. As chrisity said you can't beat the internet for finding out when races are on and geting results.

There is still a place for the running magazine though, articles and kit reviews are well suited to the magazine format.

So, who's had their picture in a running magazine? I made in into RW a few months back!
I had a photo I took published in RW a few years back!
Used to be in AW regularly in the results page when I was fast.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have subs for RW and a new Scottish mag 'MyRace'. They are only two issue into MyRace so time will tell, but I think it is the only magazine on the market covering the scottish scene.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get athletics weekly from time to time, it brings back memories of when i was a junior, seeing my result in the lj/tj and sprints was good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts