Runners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started running about three years ago. I ran my first half marathon in April 2019 (1 hour 42 minutes). I then signed up for another half marathon and a full marathon. Covid hit and they were postponed. My training tapered off during the lockdowns - I still ran, but didn't follow a training plan. I normally run about three-four times a week, each time around 10 km (6.2 miles). So around 40 km a week (25 miles).
I ran the Berlin half marathon at the weekend in 1 hour 39 minutes. I still have my place for the marathon in four and a half weeks.
My question: Having not really done any real training (just going out running 'for fun'), is it realistic to get in shape to run my first marathon in five weeks given my half marathon time? I have until tomorrow to decide and get my money back if not. If so, what kind of training would be best to get in shape without injury.
Any advice and/or tips for training in that time would be much appreciated.
THANK YOU!

·
4,423 Posts
Depends on what you want to get out of the marathon.
If you just want to complete it, give it a go, you will have some basic fitness and you can build that a little before the race. If you are chasing a time, then defer and give it 100% next year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started running about three years ago. I ran my first half marathon in April 2019 (1 hour 42 minutes). I then signed up for another half marathon and a full marathon. Covid hit and they were postponed. My training tapered off during the lockdowns - I still ran, but didn't follow a training plan. I normally run about three-four times a week, each time around 10 km (6.2 miles). So around 40 km a week (25 miles).
I ran the Berlin half marathon at the weekend in 1 hour 39 minutes. I still have my place for the marathon in four and a half weeks.
My question: Having not really done any real training (just going out running 'for fun'), is it realistic to get in shape to run my first marathon in five weeks given my half marathon time? I have until tomorrow to decide and get my money back if not. If so, what kind of training would be best to get in shape without injury.
Any advice and/or tips for training in that time would be much appreciated.
THANK YOU!
You must consult your trainer who can best advice you for your running plan.
You must take care of your diet first. Eat healthy. You must have your proper running gears with you to run in marathon.

To get full details, you must consult your trainer. Or you may also read guide here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts