Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am new to this forum....and in many ways new to running as well....albeit i have run ever since i can remember....but this running that i indulged in was just a stress buster or to 'clear my head'....

i have continued to run since i have been in uk...but did my fist half marathon this year gone...did the GNR...times were dismal i know....but my only excuse is that i did it while being on a run of nites...:p

but i have realised that i love running a lot....and as luck may have it...been chosen by ballot for the london marathon too....cant stop grinning since i have found that out....

but i would appreciate input from all of you,better still training partners to work with...

i am based in sheffield....so if there is anyone else from the forum who wanted to train with me then that would be great.....

i currently do about 10 miles a day and am doing 8 minute miles....which i know is abyssmal...

any advice will be more than welcome.....

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Ever thought of joining a club?

I also think 10 x 8min/miles per day is not good training... is that every day?? You variation in both distance and speed. Plus you need at least 1 rest day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i currently do about 10 miles a day and am doing 8 minute miles....which i know is abyssmal...
10miles a day at 8min miles ain't too shoddy!

you need at least 1 rest day
Depends on what you want to acheive. If you train every day, then have a recovery day - not where you are resting, but where you are running shorter and easier than on the other days, to promote an active recovery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts